Problem programming A-Star 32U4

I am having nothing but problems with my A-Star 32U4. The driver doesn’t want to install.

I was finally able to install the driver for the device but when I try to upload the blink example from the Arduino IDE it tells me that the boot-loader driver wasn’t installed properly.

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: leave prog mode
avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

Hello.

I am sorry you are having trouble getting your A-Star working. I moved your post into its own thread. Can you tell me more about your setup? What steps did you take to install the driver? What operating system are you using? Are you able to get your A-Star to be recognized by the computer? (For example, if you are using a Windows OS, can you see the device listed under the Device Manager?) Also, could you turn on verbose output and post the output that you get at the bottom of the Arduino IDE after trying to program? You can turn on verbose output by selecting “Preferences” from the “File” menu in the Arduino IDE and then “checking the “compilation” and"upload” boxes next to “Show verbose output during:”

-Jon

I have the same issue, I can upload code onto my friends pololu with my computer and it works, but I cant with mine. I think its a problem with my robot, how do I fix?

Hello.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your A-Star 32U4. Could you be more specific about which product you’re using? I think the original poster was referring to one of our A-Star 32U4 programable controllers, but it sounds like you’re referring to one of our ATmega32U4-based robots.

Also, could you enable verbose output during upload in the “Preferences” of your Arduino IDE, and post what it displays when you try to upload to your board?

Brandon