Power reset using pololu switch

I have four arduino boards in a remote location. I want to power them down and back up every 8 hours, to reset any problems. Is there a circuit using a pololu switch that could cut the power in response to an off signal, and then restore power after, say 20 seconds. The restore time could be determined by an RC circuit

Hello.

We do not have or know of a board that specifically does that. You could always use a separate small microcontroller, like our A-Star 328PB Micro or our A-Star 32U4 Micro, to appropriately activate/deactivate an appropriate power switch or MOSFET based on an RC input.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but if you have not already, you might also consider using the AVR’s built-in watchdog timer. That would not be a direct way to do what you are asking, but it is a different mechanism you might be able to use to make your Ardunio reset itself if it gets into an unexpected state.

- Patrick

Thank you Patrick for your informative and considered reply.
I especially liked the AVR watchdog timer, as this will simplify the design and coding

Regards

Mark

1 Like