I would be interested in ordering a few quality differential pressure sensors for use in determining airspeed. Does Pololu have any interest in offering carrier boards for something like the 5525DSO-DB001DS from TE Connectivity? I think these would be especially popular among the autonomous aircraft crowd, and could be price competitive with currently available options at a much higher quality.
Thanks for the suggestion; I was not aware of those and they do look interesting. Unfortunately, with our reduced operations during the pandemic, it’s probably not a project we would be working on soon.
Can you provide more information about these existing solutions you mention?
Thank you for the reply! Here are a few examples of the types of airspeed sensors I’m referring to:
- http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=aspd-7002 - Analog 7002 sensor
- https://www.onedrone.com/store/pixhawk-airspeed-sensor-kit.html - Pixhawk 4520DO ~$75USD
- http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=aspd-4525 - Digital sensor based on the MS4525DO. ~$43USD
- https://store.jdrones.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=752 - Digital sensor based on the MS4525DO. ~$65USD
- http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=aspd-dlvr - Digital sensor based on DLVR-L10D. ~$75USD
The more recent versions use an i2c or CAN interface. They are commonly used with flight controllers running software like Ardupilot (https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/airspeed.html), iNav (https://quadmeup.com/inav-airspeed-sensor-which-one-to-choose/). Please let me know if there are any other details that would be helpful.
Thanks for the consideration, and Happy New Year!