Pololu Wheel 90x10mm - Belts

Hello everyone,

I can’t seem to find the pitch of the teeth that come with the https://www.pololu.com/category/89/pololu-wheels-and-tracks. Pololu Wheel 90x10mm. I am looking to mount a motor with this wheel underneath a panel and use a belt and pulley to transfer the rotation to a rotational shaft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Are you are trying to use one of our 90mm wheels with the included tire as a pulley? If that is your intention, I do not think the tread on the silicone tires that come with those wheels would work very well as “teeth”. If this is not what you are trying to do, could you elaborate?

-Brandon

Your interpretation is correct. It is a low torque application that I believe these will work for.

Thank you

I do not think there are any belts that would fit and work with the tread on those tires; the tread was designed for traction and not as teeth. The silicone tire stretches over our different sized wheels, so any value I can give you for the pitch would be from me trying to measure it by hand, which might be different for you. You might try looking at ServoCity’s selection of pulleys for a better solution.

-Brandon

Thank you for the link and information!