Pololu VB.NET SDK "can't find file" issue

Hi,
I have downloaded and extracted the Pololu USB SDK for a VB.NET VS2017 DLL project. The example programs run fine. My project references the UsbWrapper.dll and the Usc.dll at their respective locations in the SDK folders. My DLL compiles fine and copies UsbWrapper.dll, Usc.dll, ByteCode.dll, Sequencer.dll all to my bin folder as expected. This is all x86, not x64 or AnyCPU. I then copy all these files to where my DLL needs to reside for the app that calls it. When my DLL gets called from within it’s parent app I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly ‘Usc, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The files are all there. Can you think what might be missing? A hidden dependancy maybe? This is Windows 10 Home Edition and VS2017.

Thank you,
James

Hello, James.

It sounds like you are trying to create your own DLL for an application to talk to the Maestro. Without seeing your solution, it is difficult to help you troubleshoot the problem. I suggest first double-checking your project’s configurations and reference paths (if you have not already done so). Since the Maestro examples in the Pololu USB SDK worked for you, you might try making small changes to one of the examples so that it is more like your parent application.

- Amanda

Hi,

I’d be happy to send you the entire VS project if you can figure out why such a simple thing is not working. Is the source for “UsbWrapper” available for a recompile? It’s quite old.

James

Hi.

This is the error I get. I’ve recompiled Sequencer and Usc. Is the source code available for UsbWrapper and Bytecode in order to recompile those dlls to Framework 4.6.1?

And cannot figure out why this is happening.

James

P.S. - The USC version numbernis different because I changed it hoping it would force it to load the proper file.

Hi,

I think the issue may be that a dependency of USC.dll is compiled for “AnyCPU” whereas I need to compile my DLL for x86 only due to some function export requirements.

Is it possible to obtain either the source code or a built DLL for Bytecode.dll and UsbWrapper.dll? I can recompile the others for x86 here.

Can you think of any other dependencies for usc.dll that may cause this?

Thank you,

James

We just sent you an email regarding your request for source code. We do not know what other dependencies might be causing the problem.

- Amanda

Ok thank you!

James