Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2 Upsets Current Measurement

I am successfully using the Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2 with my bare bone ATTiny84 but now I want to reduce the power consumption so I have attached a Keithley 485 Picoameter in the power supply line to monitor various changes.
With the Programmer ISP plugged into my board the Picoameter reads over range but when I remove the ISP connector from my board I get what appears to be a correct reading of micro-amps. If I just disconnect the boards power supply from the ISP socket the current drops a bit but not as low as when I completely remove the ISP socket.
Its a bit of a faf to have to keep unplugging the ISP socket.
Any suggestions on what I can do please.

Hello.

The programmer draws some current to measure the voltage at the target’s VCC. If you are not using the MISO, SCK, and MOSI pins while your program runs, you can try driving them low to see how it affects the power consumption.

-Tony

OK Tony, I am using all the pins on the chip.
I have decided to make an isolating switch between the Pololu ISP plug and my board and switch over after my download.
I hope this doesn’t effect the Pololu.

I have solved the issue as follows:
The Pololu needs to be connected to the VCC of the processor to sense the voltage for programming and it was this which was drawing the extra current. By rearranging the power supply to my circuit so that the Picoameter was connected in the VCC connection to my ATtiny84 after the Pololu VCC connection solved the problem and allows me to measure the total circuit current with the Pololu still connected.
Thanks for the help anyway
Jim

Hello.

Glad to hear that you got your Picoammeter to measure only the current your ATtiny84 was drawing. Thanks for letting us know.

-Tony