Pololu USB AVR Programmer - Faulty?

Plugged in the USB AVR Programmer that I bought with my 3pi, turned on the 3pi but no LEDs on the programmer light up. What gives?

Hello.

I am sorry you are having problems with your USB AVR Programmer. Can you try using a different USB cable, a different USB port on your computer, or installing it on another computer to see if any of those things fix the problem?

-Derrill

I’ll try and get my hands on another USB cable, but the latter two solutions don’t work. Regardless, isn’t it powered by the 3pi anyway? In which case, wouldn’t the LEDs come on even without plugging it into a computer?

Our USB AVR programmer is powered through the USB connector, not the 3pi, so a bad cable, a broken USB port or damaged contacts in the USB connector can leave the programmer unpowered. If the programmer was getting power, the green LED next to the USB connector would light up.

-Derrill

Managed to get my hands on another USB to mini USB today. Tried it with my girlfriend’s laptop too, no luck. I assume that it only has to be plugged into a computer for any LEDs to come on? Either way, I had it plugged into the 3pi anyway.

How do I go about getting a replacement for the programmer?

If you email us at support@pololu.com with your order information, and reference this forum post, we can look into replacement options for you.

-Derrill