Pololu Servo Frecuency

Coul somebody tell me what is the frecuency for your digital servos?

Hello,

Standard servos typically rely on the pulse width of the signal, not the frequency. You can see more about servo signals in the this blog post. The “Pulse period” section of that blog post talks about how quickly you can send new commands based on the frequency the signals are sent. However, most (if not all) of our servo datasheets do not have any specification for the frequency of the signal. If a frequency is specified, it would be in the datasheet for the respective servo located under the “Resources” tabs of their product pages. For reference, our Maestro servo controllers send pulse width signals at a frequency of 50Hz by default, and all of the servos we carry work with that.

-Derrill

Hello Derril, thank you for you detailed explanation.

I was looking your Power HD High-Torque, High-Voltage Digital Servo 1218TH [https://www.pololu.com/file/0J696/HD-1218TH.pdf] and it says that it needs a PWM with 300 Hz of frecuency, but you tell me that all of your servos works at 50Hz.

Do you know the diferent frecuencies between analog and digital servos?

As we state on the product page for those HD-1218TH servos, they work with standard RC servo pulses at frequencies up to 333 Hz, so 50Hz is fine since it is below that value.

I am not sure what you mean when you ask about the different frequencies between analog and digital servos; a servo being analog or digital is independent from what frequency signals it can accept.

-Derrill

Ok understood.

I asked that because i was searching in the web, and people says that analog servos acept frecuencies from 50Hz to 60Hz, and digital servos acept 50Hz to 330Hz.

I’m a test enginnner, and my problem was that I bougth 3 digital servos (from turnigy).

I drove one of them at 50Hz, It died 3 days after 20000 cicles.
I drove the other two servos at 300Hz and they died 11 days after 108000 cicles.

Have a nice day!