RCTech Forum Question
1 day ago
I have the following parts.
BLDC (Sensorless) 5mm shaft and ESC (The link contents have changed but the spec below is what I used)
GoolRC 3660 3300KV Brushless Motor 60A ESC 6V/3A BEC for 1/10 RC Car USA P3F9
Then attached a plank to the scooter from front to 1/2 ft beyond the tail of the scooter on the footrest. Below the plank attached the motor and wheel. Above the plank fitted the controller, battery and an Arduino board.
The arming is done by sending in angles of 60 to 85 twice. First time I get 3 beeps. Second time, I get 1 beep. Third time, the wheel starts spinning (I tried setting angles at 90, 100, 120).
- the wheel is touching the ground
- it does not spin but the motor revs up
- if I lift the plank, it spins wonderfully
- when I place it back on the floor, it moves but something is wrong
- tire gets heated up, smells, causes black streaks on the floor, then stops
- motor too gets wildly heated
Is this wrong choice of motor, controller or wheel?
If the wheel is a wee bit not straight, does this happen?
Appreciate all you help!