Pololu Micro Maestro + Arduino + Continous Servo motor

Hi Folks!

I have the Micro Maestro and two servo Motors. The Datan S1213 with a Rotation range of 180° and the SpringRC SM-S4303R with continous Rotation. I want to use the Maestro as a slave for my Arduino Uno.

So. When I use the Maestro Control Center, I can use both Motors just fine and they behave as expected. When I use the “Basic” example Sketch from your Arduino library I can use the S1213 (with Rotation Limits) just fine, but not the SM-S4303R with continous Rotation. I tried to use different Parameters for the setTarget function and my Servo seems just to adjust the Speed but not the direction.

// Set the target of channel 0 to 1500 us, and wait 2 seconds.
  maestro.setTarget(1, 90);
  delay(2000);

// Set the target of channel 0 to 1750 us, and wait 2 seconds.
  maestro.setTarget(1, 0);
 delay(2000);

// Set the target of channel 0 to 1250 us, and wait 2 seconds.
  maestro.setTarget(1, 180);
  delay(2000);

Can you please give me some Support? How to handle continous rotating servos with the Maestro as a slave for the arduino.

Hello.

The units for the second argument of the setTarget() function are 1/4 microseconds for the control pulses, not a target angle in degrees. Generally, continuous rotation servos stop movement when the control signal pulses are at 1500 us:

‘‘maestro.setTarget(0, 6000);’’

You can read more about the hobby servo signaling method and how it affects servo movement in the “Servo control interface in detail” post on our blog.

-Nathan