Pololu Maestro Servo controller with STM32 microcontroller via serial port

Hi all

I’m planning to control my 6 channel Maestro via the serial port option. I use a STM32 microcontroller. I can get this to work I’m sure. What I like to know is if there is an easy way to translate the scripts which I can make with the Windows software to bytes I can use with my serial control of the Maestro?

What I mean is with the Windows application that Pololu delivers I can easily make a sequence of moves on my 6 servo’s (in my robotic arm), save this and play it in a loop. But it it also possible to translate these moves to a nr of bytes that I can send out from my STM32 serial port to control the servo’s? Then I can arrange with my desktop software what moves I want to do and make this happen on my robot via my STM32.

Hopefully somebody here understands what I mean,

Tnx in advance
Dennis

Hi, Dennis

It sounds like you are looking for a way to use the sequencing feature of the Maestro Control Center to make several small routines and then trigger them in different orders from your STM32 microcontroller. This can be done by first creating all the sequences you want and then using the “Copy all Sequences to Script” button on the Sequence tab of the control center. That will create a script with a separate subroutine for each of your sequences. Once the script is created, you can load it onto the Maestro and call the individual sequences with the “Restart Script at Subroutine” serial command with your STM32 to trigger the desired sequence. You can find more information about this command in the “Serial Script Commands” section of the Maestro user’s guide, which is linked to under the resources tab of each Maestro product page.

Another option is to control the Maestro just through serial servo commands from your controller. You can see more about those commands in the “Serial Servo Commands” section of the same guide.

-Claire

Another engineer here pointed out that you can also copy your sequences from the sequence tab of the control center and paste them into a spreadsheet program. If that sounds like it would be helpful, you can see more details in the “Sequencer” section of the Maestro user’s guide under “Sequence Editing Tips”.

-Claire

Hi Claire

That sounds as exactly what I neee thank you!