Pololu Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller HELP!

Ok I bought the Pololu Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller and also the Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller Im trying to control a windshield whiper moter with the Maestro Control Center Software. and this can be done because Pololu Jrk 21v3 is inside the Invenscience i00600 Torxis Servo! I just need the Wiring diagram for this kind of project and also what kind of potentiometer I need if the potentiometer is too big? and also the jrk controller configuration software help too! I keep getting a input invalid error 0x0008 can someone ether try this at home then pass that wire diagram to me? also upload a youtube video help if you got that too! Please help thanks!

Hello.

I do not know if your wiper motor has a feedback potentiometer for closed-loop control. If it does not, you will need to add one coupled to the motor’s output in some way. You will also need to set up your jrk controller for closed-loop feedback. You can see how to do this in the “Setting Up Your System” section of the jrk user’s guide. Next you would configure the jrk controller to accept the RC signal from your Maestro. You can see more about this under “Pulse width” in the “Input Options” section of the same user’s guide.

With your jrk controller now configured, you would connect the jrk’s RX pin to the signal pin of one channel of the Maestro and the GND pins of the two boards together. You will want to power the motor separately from the Maestro (since the power demands are likely above what the Maestro’s power rail can handle).

If you are getting an 0x08 error from the jrk controller, it sounds like it might be an input disconnect error. You can see more about that error in the “Error Reporting Commands” section of the “Pololu Jrk USB Motor Controller User’s Guide”.

If you post a wiring diagram of how you intend to connect everything, I would be glad to take a look at it for you.

-Derrill