Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v14 Shield for Arduino doesn't work at high speed

I am using subject module with Arduino Uno to drive two 200 w dc motors.When the output power is low (about value 50 in setSpeed) and applied to both motors, they work fine. When i increase the value to more than 50, suddenly the motors stop. If i use the motors independently (one working and the other stopped) each motor works fine up to maximum speed. when i disconnect the motors from the output of the module, both lights indicating the status of the outputs remain on and green up to maximum speed.
i tried also to run the Demo program and it works, but this applies power only to one motor at the time.
This unusual behavior occurred recently, while in the past months all worked perfectly.
Please advice.

Hello.

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you post more details about your setup? In particular, information about your what specific motors and power supply you are using (such as a link to their product page or spec sheet) would be helpful.

When the motors stop, could you measure your input voltage at the VIN pin? Additionally, could you check to see if the board is reporting a fault (either by measuring the voltage at the nM1FLT and nM2FLT pins or by calling the getM1Fault() and getM2Fault() commands from our library)?

Also, could you post some pictures of your setup that show all of your connections, including some close-up pictures of each side of the G2 high-power motor driver shield?

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

pls disregard my request. The motors now are working as normal. Most probably it was a bad contact of the cables connecting the module to the motors. i checked all the contacts and now they are all ok. Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 Like