P-Star 25K50 Programming

I am looking for some same C programs for the P-Star 25k50. I would like to be able to connect a small display and a speaker to this device. Need some help. Thank you.

Hello.

We do not have any examples for controlling a display or a speaker with the P-Star 25K50 and do not know where you can find such examples.

If you are looking for a controller that has existing libraries and examples for controlling a display and speakers, you might consider looking at the A-Star 32U4 Prime controllers or Orangutan SV-328 Robot Controller.

- Amanda

Hello Amanda,

Unfortunately we the school has already purchased the 25k50. Needless to say, we need to make this work. Perhaps you can put the word out in your office and maybe someone can come up with something.

I appreciate all your help,

Dave.

Hello, Dave.

We just released some example code and libraries for the P-Star that you can find here:

Those examples do not have any code for a small display or a speaker, but they do show how to send data over USB using a virtual COM port.

What kind of display are you interested in using, specifically?

–David

1 Like

Hi David,

Thank you. I will take a look at them. I have attached the display pdf fle we have to use.

I really appreciate all your help.

Take care,

David.

NHD-0208BZ-RN-YBW.pdf (489 KB)

Hello David,
Do you think you would be able to help we sending data to this small display?
Thank you,
David L.

The display you linked to looks like it probably uses the common HD44780 interface. This is the same interface that our 8x2 character LCD uses, and having a P-Star example for controlling those kinds of LCDs would certainly be interesting. How soon would you need this for your class?

If you want to try writing something yourself, the datasheet you posted would be a good place to start as it includes a lot of example code which you should be able to port to P-Star. You can also look at this Arduino library for the HD44780 interface, which we have been using on our latest AVR-based products:

If you try to make your own code and run into trouble, you could post your code, pictures of your connections, and a description of the problem here and I would be happy to take a look.

–David