One maestro starting another wirelessly

My goal is to have one maestro go through a script, then at the end it triggers another maestro wirelessly. I currently have this set up using a bulky relay set up. At the end of maestro 1 it turns on a channel which is connected to a relay and a wireless remote transmitter. The receiver on the other end flips a relay starting maestro #2s script. What I want to do is eliminate the relays. is it possible to use a 315 mhz rf link like what is used for an arduino and start maestro #2 using maybe serial communication? If it is, could I get an example script? What would maestro #1 need to communicate the start of maestro #2?

Thanks in advance for your help in stream lining my design.

Hello.

You might consider using a pair of Wixels to wirelessly relay signals between your Maestros. We have written a few apps that could help you get started. For example, you could use your first Maestro to send a digital output through a pair of Wixels to trigger the script on your second Maestro using the I/O Repeater App. If you have a Mini Maestro 12, 18, or 24-channel, you could also use the SERIAL_SEND_BYTE command on the first Maestro to trigger the script (e.g. the “Restart Script at Subroutine” serial command) on the second Maestro using the Wixel’s Wireless Serial App. You can find information on both apps inside the Wixel’s user’s guide, which can be found under the Resources tab of its product page.

-Jon