Older Zumo 1.1 Kit

I’ve been wanting to get a zumo robot for Arduino for a while now and I was going to order one the other day (and it was out of stock at the time) I saw one for sale here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zumo-Robot-Mini-Sumo-Robot-With-Genuine-Arduino-UNO-Robotics-/162366604711?hash=item25cdcdc5a7:g:iLUAAOSwA3dYcPno .

It has the older shield board on it, which I don’t think is a big deal, but I read from Pololu’s site “the addition of a 3-axis gyro and an upgrade of the accelerometer/magnetometer module”. Would I be losing that much if I got the older Zumo? The other thing is that it also includes an arduino board to boot.

Has anyone else noticed any difference with the original zumo vs the zumo 1.2 shield?

Thanks

Hello.

The newer Zumo v1.2 is designed as a drop in replacement for the for the older version of the board, with the main differences being the magnetometer and accelerometer. Whether those features are worth it will depend on what you want to do with your Zumo. You can compare the two board by taking a look at the product pages for both the newer v1.2 board and older board.

Grant

Thank You for getting back to me, for what I am doing I don’t see the advantage to having the newer board.

Thanks Again…