Newbie servo mounting question

Please have patience with this software guru who is just getting his hands dirty with mechanical things. My question is soooo elementary.

I bought some HD-2360A servos https://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1043, and they came with a set of 4 grommets and bushings (eyelets), I assume for mounting the servos. Why do I need them, and how do I use them? I assume the grommets are to reduce vibration, even if I haven’t figured out how to get them into the servo mounting holes. But what about the bushings? Are those used with the grommets or separately, and why?

Can anyone point me to resources where I can learn about mechanical stuff? I’ve found tons of web resources about software and electronics, but not the nuts and bolts of how to put together small mechanical stuff.

I appreciate any and all pointers!

Thanks.

G’day Sumatra,
ok, the rubber gromets go into the servo holes. I assume the servos have open holes, that is one side of the hole, the side facing out is missing. The square rubber grommets slip in with the sealed side of the grommet facing away from the servo. They should just push in. The brass bushes then slip into the hole in the grommet. Put them in with the “head” up. Now when you put the holding screws or bolts through the brass bush, tighten it only to hold the brass bush firmly. The 4 rubber grommets then act as shock absorbers for the servo.

Hope this helps and if you want, I can do a few pix and post them for you. :smiley:

clear skies
Stephen

G’day Sumatra,
I just had a look at your link to the servo. Same as I said and for the same reasons. Just push the grommets through the holes and use as I described. It becomes a shock absorber to protect the servo.

clear skies
Stephen