New Product: DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier

Hi guys.

I think we can spare a few more samples, but I’ll need to look into it and get back to you. In the meantime, I thought you might be interested in our upcoming Black Friday Sale. Some of our stepper motors and all of our stepper motor drivers, including our original A4988 carrier, our new Black Edition, and the DRV8825 carrier, will be pretty heavily discounted during the sale!

- Ben

I’d love to get my hands one some of these for testing. I had previously run into missed steps with the original A4988 even with active cooling (when turning up the speed) on my MendelMax. Eventually I had to buy new motors with lower current rating, but I would love to test these and see what they can do when the speed goes up.

I’m also planning to add some automation to my pontoon boat project. In this project I will be controlling the boat with my phone and eventually a drive by wire system in the dash of the boat. The steering system will be driven with stepper motors and it requires more power than the A4988 can handle. You can see pictures of both my printer and the boat project here: flickr.com/photos/73973593@N … 000331117/

Hi,

If the free sample offer is still good I have and online store in Australia would love to test them out to stock.

3dprinterbits.com.au.

Regards
Michael

Hello.

We are no longer giving away samples, but we did recently reduce prices and add more quantity breaks, which should make it a bit easier for you to try out a few.

- Ben

Hi Ryan,

i saw your post in reprap forums. im not well known, do not have a website and rather new in the reprap arena. i have posted some simple experiments and short clips on u-stepping with diff stepsticks. (forums.reprap.org/file.php?219,f … 99-1-1.mp4)

i am really curious how your 8825 will do, and of course i have destroyed a few 4983/4988 previously. especially on how 8825 will fair in 1/32 u-step.

it will be really nice if i can try 1 of the low sense R version (i assume is 0.05ohm?) and 1 of the higher sense R version (0.2ohm?), i be happy to pin up some videos of the 1/32 operation in matching them up with diff steppers. i will be getting some 400step/rev steppers to try out too (these are 100ozin++ rated @ 0.38A, so likely i might mod 1 of your samples to an even higher R sense, maybe 0R3?).

i hope im not too late to request for samples. but if so in the case i am out of luck, will “testers” get to buy some at special rates? :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

mmm mis-steps, i have had some really useful tips from nophead on those. check this out, shows some mis-steps in 1 of the experiement done. forums.reprap.org/read.php?219,148106

Hi, redreprap.

It is too late. Ben announced that it was over in the post right above yours.

- Ryan

ah ok :smiley:

just curious. how many lucky units went out? i wonder if any1 would like to share some after their initial trails …

Hi, redreprap.

I’d prefer not to say how many were sent out. Some people posted their results in this thread and the one on the RepRap forum.

- Ryan