Need help with the script

Hello there,

Recently I have bought my first maestro servo controller and i would really like to make a script that will execute a servo sequence after button press has been released. I have started with the example scripts from the user guide just to see what each command does and how everything works. But every time i think i figured something an error shows and forces more questions. Ive looked through whole forum on related topics but couldnt find right fix. Down below is what I have started with. It is also giving me overflow error.

sub button
  1 get_position 500 less_than

sub wait_for_button_press
  wait_for_button_open_10ms
  wait_for_button_closed_10ms
  return

sub wait_for_button_open_10ms

begin
 button
  if
    drop get_ms
else
 get_ms over minus 10 greater_than
   if drop return endif
  endif
goto main_loop
 repeat

sub wait_for_button_closed_10ms
 get_ms
	 begin
  button
   if
      if drop return endif
   else
	    drop get_ms
  endif
 repeat

main_loop:
begin
4000 frame
5000 frame
6000 frame
7000 frame
8000 frame
repeat

sub frame
  wait_for_button_press

5 servo
return
quit

I know that this is not the code that i need but like i said i wanted to see how script affects maestro.
On my maestro switch is on 1 and servo is on 5. All i wanted is to move to servo in position after set time delay.
I also wanted to ask if 2c 7.4V 350mah lipo battery would be sufficient to run maestro and one micro 7g servo with next to none load on servo.
Thank you so much for your time and i hope to hear from you soon

Hello.

There are some major problems with the way your script is structured. For example, when it starts, it goes right into a subroutine, which then has another subroutine declared inside of it. Also, you are using a goto command inside of a subroutine. Both of those are very likely to cause problems and are best avoided in most cases.

Doing the following 4 things should get the script functioning again without errors, but it is not clear to me if it will do what you want it to:

1. Add a goto main_loop command to the very start of your script.
  2. Add a return command to the end of your button subroutine (before sub wait_for_button_press).
  3. Start the wait_for_button_open_10ms subroutine with a get_ms (just before begin).
  4. Remove the goto main_loop inside of the wait_for_button_open_10ms subroutine.

You mentioned wanting the servos to move after a timed delay, but you are also using a button, which is controlling when the servos move. If the script doesn’t do what you want it to, and you can explain how you want it to behave, I might be able to give you some more suggestions.

As far as the battery, that 7.4V LiPo, 350mAh battery will probably be fine, as long as your servo is okay with operating at that voltage, which can be upwards of 8.4V when fully charged (most servos are rated for a nominal 4.8-6V battery).

Brandon

I have figured everything out in a meanwhile. Thank you for your time and help. The structure was bad because i was deleting lines trying to get the results. Anyway i figured how the subroutines work and ive used them and now everything works as intended.
Thank you once again. This great little product of yours has opened a lot of opportunities for me and i am definitely getting quite few more

1 Like

I will add a script just in case someone needs something like this.
So the script executes servo movements after button release. On my Maestro micro switch is on 1 and servo is on 5 which can be easily seen in the script below.

goto main_loop    
 sub button
 1 get_position 200 greater_than
  return

sub wait_for_button_press
  wait_for_button_open_10ms
  wait_for_button_closed_10ms
  return

sub wait_for_button_open_10ms
  get_ms 
  begin

button
    if
      drop get_ms
    else
      if drop return endif
    endif
  repeat

sub wait_for_button_closed_10ms
  get_ms
  begin
    button
    if
      if drop return endif
    else
      drop get_ms
    endif
  repeat

sub delay_seconds
  begin dup while      
    1 minus 1000 delay 
  repeat
  drop return

main_loop:
begin
  4000 frame
1 delay_seconds
  5000 frame1	
2 delay_seconds
  6000 frame2
3 delay_seconds
  7000 frame3
4 delay_seconds
  8000 frame4
repeat

sub frame
  wait_for_button_press
  5 servo
  return
sub frame1
  5 servo
	  return
sub frame2
  5 servo
	  return
sub frame3
  5 servo
	  return
sub frame4
  5 servo
1 Like

Can I use this to regulate the power within servo range

https://banggood.app.link/TyxcfgqCNjb

I cannot vouch for that particular regulator, but according to the claims on that page it should be okay for your input voltage and handle enough current to drive a servo.

Brandon