Need help in PS3 controller controlling servo

This is really tough…

i had always interested in servo & PWM projects so 1 fine day i decided to try controlling a servo motor with my PS3 controller. My original idea was to write a program in C++ to extract the controller signal from the computer (yes is computer & not from bluetooth! i’ve done the bluetooth interface with computer part hence just getting the controller signal from computer will do) and pass the signal through the RS-232 serial port and to a PIC 16f84 chip to control the servo in a real-time pattern (for example, when i move the analog control of PS3 controller, the servo will move accordingly) Sounds easy?

i know, by downloading drivers from the internet would easily solve the problem but writing a program from scratch is really a big headache…

After trying for about 2 & a half month i give up…

Has anybody out there already done similar things? As a electronic fan u should understand the feeling of curiosity torturing when u want to experiment something but…

can somebody kindly enlighten me? or recommend me something? a circuit or program etc…

pls help! thank you thank you !!

Hi andy. Gonna Bump this , Im quite intrested In undertaking a similar project . Did anybody reply to you or have you any knowledge to pass on?
Thanks in advance,
Nigel F

Instead of trying to control a servo with a PS3 controller, how about buying a little analog joystick and connecting it to a Micro Maestro. The Maestro can be programmed to take the analog input of the joystick and translate it into servo controls.

- Ryan