Name of header pins+connectors


So I’ve been purchasing quite a few of the pololu connectors and pins (0.1 rectangular spacing) but I’m getting to a point where I need to get different configurations that aren’t offered by pololu. I’ve checked out Digikey and there are almost 10000 items that apparently match my description of the connector, so I imagine it might take forever to find. Could someone let me know what to search for specifically? (e.g. company, etc.)


I don’t think there is any particular trick to finding what you want on Digikey other than by using the filtering options to narrow down your choices. Is there a specific type of connector you are looking for?

- Kevin

specifically the ones that pololu has — jumper pins/headers. male/female, something you would f ind that connects to the arduinos.


The exact ones we have are probably not going to be on Digi-Key. They have a pretty good filtering system, so you just have to use it and know what characteristics you’re looking for. I just went through and did a search, and you have to be on the lookout for similar descriptions; for instance, you probably want to select “Header, Unshrouded”, “Header, Unshrouded, Breakable”, and “Header, Unshrouded, Breakaway” under the “Connector Type” options.

You can also cut down the number of results quickly by picking some common features; in my case, just selecting 8 pins and black color cut down the results from over 50 thousand results to under 1600. Once you see a particular type you like, you can look at the datasheets or part numbers to figure out what the part number would be for a different number of pins.

- Jan