Musical Robot in a Stroller

Pololu Mini Maestro 18 connected to a Raspberry Pi running a digital audio workstation, playing a MIDI file, with some MIDI events (drum track) being sent to move the motors, with the other tracks playing over the speakers like normal

1 Like

Wow!!! This is pretty cool.

1 Like

thanks @Keonte45 - I compressed the video to meet the 5mb size limit here (so video kind of grainy) but if interested in better or any additional info, I have a little bit more about it on below site I made for this project.

Also happy to answer any questions - if I can - although I actually have a few questions myself I plan to ask, just thought I would start by posting this video so my questions made more sense

1 Like

Fantastic work; thank you for sharing! That is definitely a unique project in the best kind of way.

Is the Maestro mainly used to drive the servos controlling the drum sticks? How many servos is it controlling in total (I think I’m counting at least 7)?

We’d be happy to answer any questions and hear any feedback you had to offer as well, although for organizational purposes, it would probably be better to post any questions you have about the Maestro in the “Servo controllers and servos” section of the forum instead of in this thread.

Brandon

1 Like

Thanks @BrandonM yes I’m using the Maestro to drive the 8 servos (with a Python script) that play the drum parts & planning to add one more (for a shaker egg) then hoping to use some of the remaining pins on the Maestro to run LED’s (hopefully triggered by MIDI events, in much the same way MIDI events trigger the motors to play the drums) – totally understand about posting the questions in the right categories – and first going to search a little more to make sure I’m not asking questions that have already been asked/answered. Basically just trying to figure out a few more things to optimize the settings of the Maestro, and learn about using it for lights. So far really like the Maestro controller, thanks again

1 Like

Thank you very much @veener.

I’ll let you know if I do have any question. But, do feel free to ask your questions as there are tons of people willing and ready to answer.

I love it¡¡¡

2 Likes

thanks @Daviron42zgz and I really like your Wall-e project as well, in fact I plan to learn from you since I would like to build an option to have the musical robot be remote controlled. Ideally I’d like to still have it in the stroller - but maybe replace the wheels so it can either be pushed or moved around by remote control. However I’m not sure how realistic that is (as currently designed) because it’s very hard to make certain turn sometimes (without getting into all the details, basically it’s not balanced well - apparently there is a big difference between a human toddler and a musical robot :grinning: :rofl:) Our projects seem to be similar in size & weight so definitely looking forward to your updates and learning more, please keep them coming!

1 Like

It will be a pleasure colaborate with you

1 Like