Pololu Robotics & Electronics
My account Comments or questions? About Pololu Contact Ordering information Distributors

Mounting the machined aluminum bracket for 37Dmm motor

I’m an electronics fabricator but am new to robotics and so don’t quite know what my options are. Were I to mount these brackets to an aluminum plate, I would have to drill the plate by hand. I read one user’s experience with mecanum wheels who reported that alignment was critical, and so am worried that even careful hand drilling isn’t accurate enough. Maybe there is a technique a more experienced builder can share? I’m also wondering if the 3 bracket mounting holes match an off-the-shelf structural part, e.g. something from Actobotics? Or if there is another sturdy motor mount that is available within some other structural parts standard? Thanks in advance for your experience!

The holes on the machined aluminum bracket for 37D mm metal gearmotors are not designed specifically to match any particular hole pattern, and we do not know of any off-the-shelf structural parts that match. Our main recommendation is to use a center punch to mark your hole locations so that you can get the holes drilled accurately. If you have access to a drill press, that would help.