Mounting Micro Gearmotors

I am using the “26:1 Sub-Micro Plastic Planetary Gearmotor 6Dx16L mm” gear motor in a design for a small mechanism with the micro actuator. Has anyone had any experience mounting this motor into an enclosure. Curious as to what sort of adhesives work best?

Hello.

We do not have many specific suggestions for mounting the Sub-Micro Plastic Planetary Gearmotors, but you might consider using something like a 1/4-inch fuse clip to secure the motor as shown in some of the pictures on the product page. Even something like a couple of zip cable ties might be okay.

An adhesive would probably not be my go-to method for this, but if you do want to go that route then given the cylindrical shape of the motor, something gel-like (e.g. hot glue as opposed to a ordinary super glue) would probably be a better answer since that will connect to the motor across a larger surface area. However, it might go without saying, but you would have to be careful not to accidentally get the adhesive into the motor or onto the output shaft where it could get moving parts stuck.

- Patrick

I don’t use glues. I usually use a ¼" clip.