Motors/ Mounting hub help

Hello everybody,
I was wondering if one you here have used omni wheel for your project. I am currently trying to use Vex IQ omni wheel. And having trouble finding cheap gear motors for my robot that fits this wheel. I am thinking to use mounting hubs for it. But i am not sure which mounting hub i should get. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (Budget is a serious issue, since its a student project). The link to my wheel is below. Any omni wheels you may have used for your project please let me know. I would like to see if that works for me.
robotshop.com/en/vex-iq-63mm … s-2pk.html

Thank you in advance.

Hello.

We do not carry any omni wheels, and I have not used omni wheels before, so I do not know if our hubs would work for those specific wheels. Our universal mounting hubs for 3mm shafts and 4mm shafts have the same hole pattern. You can check to see if that hole pattern would work with your wheel. A drawing of each hub can be found under the “Resources” tab on the product page of each hub. If you find out that our hubs work for those wheels, we would be interested in hearing about it.

- Grant

[quote=“cycles”]… having trouble finding cheap gear motors for my robot that fits this wheel. I am thinking to use mounting hubs for it. But i am not sure which mounting hub i should get. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

You might be able to bore out the omni wheels. Bore a hole that is the same size as the motor shaft or the same size as the hub. Getting a good press fit is hard but you can use an epoxy like JB Weld to make a loose fit very solid.

The last couple projects I did I made aluminum bushings. Get some (say) 1/2 inch diameter aluminum rod. Bore a 1/2 inch hole in the wheel and glue a section of the rod to the wheel hole. Then drill the rod for the motor shaft. It helps if you have access to a lathe but you can do without if you are careful to make jigs and clamps to guide your tools. Even a $59 Harbor Freight drill press can make this work