Motion Control System, What do you think?

Hello,

I’m a college student working on my senior project, which is a motion control system for a wheel chair. I’m new to robotics, and thought I’d just get some sort of basic market info from people who may have designed a motion control board before. Would much appreciate answers to any of the following questions (sorry they are so cheesy):

1.While working on mobile robotics projects, what portion of your projects needed to address wheel slippage or other synchronization difficulties presented to your motion control implementation?
[ ] 0-25% [ ] 25-50% [ ] 50-75% [ ] Almost All

2.If so, which technologies did you use to aid with synchronization between your robot’s wheels and its motion control? Choose any that apply.
[ ] GPS [ ] LIDAR/RADAR [ ] Encoder [ ] Gyroscope
[ ] SONAR [ ] Accelerometer [ ] Hardware Clock
[ ] Multi-input micro-controller package [ ] N/A or Other

3.Are you actively developing, or do you plan to soon develop, a robot needing motion control synchronization / feedback?
[ ] Actively developing [ ] Planning next project
[ ] Won’t need motion control solution [ ] No plans, currently.

4.Would you be interested in a micro-controller package which mediates input from two or more encoders and an on board gyroscope?
[ ] Not interested [ ] Maybe [ ] Definitely [ ] N/A

5.Outside of standard engineering design considerations, are there any environmental constraints that your implementations might place on such a micro-controller package? Pick a few that stand out, if any.
[ ] Extreme temperature [ ] Exposure to debris or shock
[ ] Possibility of moisture [ ] Very low power consumption critical
[ ] Physical footprint / size, shape [ ] Weight
[ ] Unreliable input signals [ ] Other / N/A