Model Train Switches

Hello Brandon
Hope you are well??
How have you been??

Since the success of the Crossing gate project I have been presented with a new one
Crossing Gate Lights
Question is the Arduino Uno your competition or and allie i see it refered to in the forum I’m just wondering??
being a loyal Pololu customer can the Maestro do the same thing the Uno does in this video??
working with IR sensors and timing of LED lights?
when to shut down after train passes??

Cant find code for it anywhere

Please advise
Thanks John

The Maestro is a specialized controller mostly intended for controlling servos, whereas the Arduino Uno is more of a general purpose microcontroller (similar to our Arduino-compatible A-Star programmable controllers), so it is hard to directly compare the two.

It sounds like you meant to link to a video to show the kind of application you are wanting now, but there was no video posted. Could you try posting that link again so I can get a better idea of what you’re trying to do?

Brandon

Here’s the video

Let me know if Pololu has a product to do this

Thanks John

https://youtu.be/-kqAZqe-W4A?si=YBJ0NoHx0GKkJ4xy

Hello.

It looks like that setup just requires a couple analog inputs and drives a couple simple LEDs, so I would generally expect most modern programmable controllers (including the Maestro and our Arduino-compatible A-Star controllers) to be able to handle that.

The scripting for the Maestro is based on a programing language called Forth and is very different than the Arduino programming language (which is a variant of C++), but you should be able to get the same effect, although I do not have any examples specifically intended for that kind of function.

The code shown in that video should generally work fine with our Arduino-compatible A-Star controllers.

Brandon