minimu9 V3 : LSM303D not detected with Raspberry PI B 512Mo

Hi,

Somebody can help me :
I’ve a minimu9 V3 (accelerometer LSM303D + Gyroscoo L3GD20H) connected to my Raspberry PI B 512Mo by I2C.
(i make the configuration describe on url github.com/DavidEGrayson/minimu9-ahrs/wiki)
when i launch the command i2cdetect -Y 1 the result is :

0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 6b -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Address 6b is for gyroscop but accelerometer must be detected at address 1d. I’ve tried with another modul the result is the same.
below my /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf file :

# blacklist spi and i2c by default (many users don't need them)

blacklist spi-bcm2708
blacklist i2c-bcm2708
blacklist snd-soc-pcm512x
blacklist snd-soc-wm8804

and my /etc/modules file

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
# Parameters can be specified after the module name.

snd-bcm2835
i2c-bcm2708
i2c-dev

Manuel

Hello.

If you have not already tried, can you follow the next few steps in the tutorial to see if you are able to read the raw values from the sensors of your MinIMU-9 v3? Also, can you post pictures of your setup?

- Amanda Sou

Hello,

I’ve already tried to read the raw values, it doesn’t run. The command minimu9-ahrs --mode raw -b /dev/i2c-1 returns the message “accelerometer not detected”

Manuel

[quote=“AmandaS”]Hello.

If you have not already tried, can you follow the next few steps in the tutorial to see if you are able to read the raw values from the sensors of your MinIMU-9 v3? Also, can you post pictures of your setup?

• Amanda Sou[/quote]

What do you mean by “pictures setup” and how i can do that ?

Manuel

It sounds more like a hardware issue if your Raspberry Pi is unable to detect the accelerometer on the MinIMU-9 v3. Has the MinIMU-9 v3 ever worked before on your Raspberry Pi? Have you been able to read its values with any other devices?

To clarify, could you post a photograph of your MinIMU-9 v3 connected to your Raspberry Pi?

- Amanda

Hi,

It’s the second device i test on my Raspberry. The result is the same. I’ve returned the first device to my provider, he tested it with an arduino and it was ok. I’ll post a picture next but i’m ok with tutorial https://github.com/DavidEGrayson/minimu9-ahrs/wiki.

Best regards

Manuel

Considering that your first MinIMU-9 v3 works with an Arduino, it seems unlikely to be a hardware issue. We can continue to troubleshoot the problem when you post the photos of your system.

- Amanda

Hi,

The picture of my miniMU9 V3 connected to my Raspberry PI.

Thank you for posting a picture. I do not see anything obviously wrong with your setup. Your connections between the MinIMU to the Raspberry Pi look correct. At this point, it seems like a problem with your Raspberry Pi. If you have access to an Arduino, could you test your second MinIMU with it to verify that the sensor is also working?

Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything else to do to help you troubleshoot your Raspberry Pi. You might try searching on a Raspberry Pi forum to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem and found a fix.

- Amanda