MinIMU v2 LSM303DLM ODR

Hi,

I have a Pololu MinIMU v2, and apparently the accelerometer’s output data rate was always 25Hz no matter which data rate option I change it to. The gyroscope on the other hand works great! Here’s how I set up the registers: basically I initialize it in normal mode with data output rate of 400Hz, and that’s it. I even read the register during debug to verify that they are set correctly, which they were. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dao.

Hello, Dao.

I am sorry you are having trouble writing to a register on the MinIMU-9. What microcontroller are you using? Can you tell me more specifically how you are measuring the ODR? Can you post the code you are using to write and read the accelerometer register?

-Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I am using freescale K60 microcontroller. The loop that calls and prints out accelerometer runs at 5ms, the pattern is that identical measurements were observed every eight cycles. This is not the case for the gyroscope. One interesting note, this behavior was only observed in version 2 (tested with a spare), as MinIMU v1 works perfectly fine, not sure if this has anything to do with different gyro devices… I’m afraid I’m not allowed to post the code because it’s proprietary, I’m not sure how much you can help me this way. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dao.

Nevermind, Jon. I discovered the stupid mistake that I made: MinIMUv2 uses LSM303DLMC while MinIMUv1 uses LSM303DLM… Problem solved. Thanks for your time anyway.

I am glad you got it working; thanks for letting us know what the issue was.

-Jon