MiniIMU-9 v5

Not able to get MiniIMU-9 v5 to work. I am using the example provided in LSM6 library but Serial Monitor is not showing any output. How do I troubleshoot ? Please help.
I am using it with Arduino Pro Mini.

Hello.

I am sorry you are having trouble getting data from your MinIMU-9 v5. Just to be clear: it sounds like you are saying our Serial.ino sketch compiles and successfully runs on your Arduino, but the Arduino Serial Monitor does not show any data. Is that right? Can you tell me more about your setup? Do you have the 3.3V or 5V version of the Arduino Pro Mini? How are you supplying power to the MinIMU? Can you post pictures that clearly show your soldered joints and connections?

-Jon

Hi,
My response -
New Doc 2017-04-19.pdf (93.7 KB)

It sounds like you are saying our Serial.ino sketch compiles and successfully runs on your Arduino, but the Arduino Serial Monitor does not show any data. - This is correct. Sketch compiles and successfully runs on Arduino.

Can you tell me more about your setup?
Do you have the 3.3V or 5V version of the Arduino Pro Mini? - I am using 5V version of Pro Mini.

How are you supplying power to the MinIMU? - The connections are -

Arduino LSM6 board

RAW - VIN
GND - GND
A4    - SDA
A5    - SCL

Can you post pictures that clearly show your soldered joints and connections? - Attached herewith.

RAW is an input to the Arduino Pro Mini’s onboard regulator, so I don’t expect it to be appropriate to supply power to anything. It seems like you are powering your Pro Mini from a regulated 5V at VCC. If that is true, can you remove your connection to the RAW pin and try directly using that 5V supply to also power the MinIMU through its VIN pin?

-Jon

Hi, Thanks a lot. This resolves the problem.

Aside, the sketch has Serial.begin(9600); but I need to keep my serial monitor at 4600 baud, otherwise it shows garbage, why is that ?

The baud rate for the serial port and the Arduino serial monitor should be the same in order for the serial monitor to display data correctly. By the way, 4600 is not a selectable baud rate from the serial monitor’s dropdown menu.

-Jon

Hi,
It was typo. I meant to say 4800.
Thank you.

Aashutosh