Mini Maestro en série

Bonjour,

Je souhaite réaliser un chenillard de 36 leds, avec va et vient, en m’aidant de 2 mini Maestro en serie, avec une configuration “sortie” pour allumage et extinction, est ce possible?

Merci de votre réponse.

Hello.

From a translation of your message, it sounds like you are asking about using two of our Maestro servo controllers together to control some LEDs. Unfortunately, we can only offer technical support in English (though another member of the forum might be able to help in other languages).

If you can, could you post more details in English about the particular LEDs you are using and how you want to control the Maestro controllers?

Brandon

I want to know if i can control 2 Maestro, one after the other, to control 36 leds like a running light effect.

The Maestro will be programming with the “control center”, all channels on “output”.

What are the other settings in order to pass from the first Maestro to the second Maestro.

Philippe

It is still not clear how you are controlling the Maestros, but it sounds like you might be using the sequencer or a custom script. The Maestro Control Center does not have a built-in way to coordinate between two Maestros. If you want to coordinate between two Maestros, you will need to set up some way for the first Maestro to communicate with the second one to tell it when to start. There are a few ways you could go about doing this.

If you have extra Maestro channels available, you could connect an output channel from the first Maestro to an input channel on the second Maestro, and write a script for the second Maestro that waits for a signal on the input channel before running continuing and running its portion of the sequence.

Alternatively, you could have the script for the second Maestro set up in a subroutine, and have your first Maestro trigger that subroutine by sending a “Restart Script at Subroutine” command through the TTL serial interface. With the Mini Maestros, you can send serial bytes from a script using the SERIAL_SEND_BYTE command. The benefit of this is that it does not require additional Maestro channels, since the serial communication will use the UART pins (RX and TX). You can find more information about the “Restart Script at Subroutine” command in the “Serial Script Commands” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

Brandon

Thank you for your answer.

An other question: can i sychronize two Maestro at the same time? I explain:
The two maestro are powered at the same time, and execute the same programme, without gap.
Is there a conection or à program for these?

(Excuse me for my Englsih.)

Philippe

As I described in my previous post, you will likely need some way to communicate from the first Maestro to the second to tell it when to start. I offered two potential solutions for doing this in that post, but if you have any specific questions or concerns, I would be happy to try to clarify.

Brandon