Mini Maestro 12 USB Problem

Hello everyone;
I am a beginner in robotics and I need some help with my Mini Maestro 12 servo controller.
I use windows 10,I do not see card only blink yellow led and I do not see universal serial bus controllers.
Thanks for your comments.
-Mesut

Hello,

Can you try a different USB cable, USB port or another computer to see if you have the same problem? Please note, some USB cables are only intended for charging devices and do not have any data lines, so the computer does not recognize the device.

If none of those help, can you post a screen capture of your Windows device manager with the “Ports (COM & LPT)” expanded?

Also, what is the green LED doing?

-Derrill

Hello,

I change USB cable and it work good. :slight_smile: All right, how can connect to pır sensor (IR motion) in Mini Maestro 12 servo controller. How is the settings? (I opened Pololu Maestro Control Center program and click channel settings and 0 pin changed input and connected pır sensor, 1 pin connected servo but do not work pır sensor.)

Thank you, Have a nice day :slight_smile:

-Mesut

Can you post a link to the IR sensor you are referring to? Also, can you post some pictures of your setup showing all connections?

-Derrill

Hello,

I installed picture and screenshot. I use (hc-sr501) pır motion sensor.

- **First:**When the sensor does not detect movement

- **Second:**When the sensor detects movement

Thanks,

-Mesut

We do not carry those sensors, but I was able to look briefly at a datasheet I found online and your connections seem fine. I noticed that sensors has a jumper to select between multiple or single trigger mode, so you might check to see if your sensor is in single trigger mode. It looks like you are getting some reading from Maestro’s channel 0 in your screenshots, so I suspect the sensors is working in some fashion. Are you having problems using it in that setup?

If you want to test the Maestro separately, you could connect a potentiometer as shown under the “Potentiometer” heading in the “Attaching Servos and Peripherals” section of the Maestro user’s guide and use the “Status” tab in the Maestro Control Center software to look at that input.

-Derrill

Hello,

I use potentiometer and sensors do not work. Can you give me example? How does working pır sensors and servo? I saw your videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqToEWmTVXA&t=313s) 5.47-5.50 seconds you use motion sensor. And the other problem seperate the USB cable do not work please give electrical schematics.

Thanks,
-Mesut

The potentiometer is just a way of testing your Maestro and code to see if it is working for you with a reliable input. Can you explain what you mean when you say it doesn’t work? It sounds like you are trying to trigger some servo motions using the PIR sensor. If so, how are you handling that in your script? You might take a look at the “Using an analog input to control servos” example in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s guide. If you get started with a script and need some additional help, you can post your script here and we would be glad to take a look at it.

As I said in my last post, your connections seem fine and your screen captures show that the Maestro is seeing some reading from your sensor. Also, I am not sure what you mean about your USB cable not working; if you are connected to your Maestro in the “Connect to:” box of the Maestro Control Center as your pictures show, your USB cable looks like it is working fine.

Can you tell me if your trigger jumper is set to single or repeat?

-Derrill

Hello,

I am sorry for my different questions in this topic. (If you want I will open new topic or maybe will carry or change title. Excuse me.)

My trigger jumper is set to single.

-The sensor works in the first motion but does not stop after 10 minutes. How can make it ?

And other problem.

-How can I run Mini Maestro 12 without a USB connection?

I tried but do not work.( https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J40/7.a )
-Two power supplies and One power supply connections. (My power supplies features: 5V-20A)

# test
begin

11 get_position 14 less_than while #wait in while loop until sensor detects something 
repeat

begin
500 0 0 0 4653 7373 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 frame_0…11 # Frame 0
500 7217 4653 frame_3_4 # Frame 1
500 5220 6688 frame_3_4 # Frame 2
repeat

sub frame_0…11
11 servo
10 servo
9 servo
8 servo
7 servo
6 servo
5 servo
4 servo
3 servo
2 servo
1 servo
0 servo
delay
return

sub frame_3_4
4 servo
3 servo
delay
return 

-Mesut

The way your code is now, it looks like you are waiting for the trigger, then entering a continuous loop. If you want your sequence to only run once each time the sensor is triggered, you can move your while loop inside of the second begin/repeat block. So it would look like this:

begin
  begin
    11 get_position 14 less_than while #wait in while loop until sensor detects something 
  repeat

500 0 0 0 4653 7373 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 frame_0…11 # Frame 0
500 7217 4653 frame_3_4 # Frame 1
500 5220 6688 frame_3_4 # Frame 2
repeat

You might also try setting your jumper to “repeat trigger” and seeing if you get results closer to what you expect.

Please note that when you disconnect the USB, you are no longer powering the logic side of the Maestro unless you are using the VSRV=VIN jumper to power the Maestro from your VSRV connection. You can see this connection in the “Mini Maestro Pinout and Components” section of the Maestro User’s guide.

Can you try plugging the Maestro back into USB when you see the red LED and see if any error code shows up in the “Errors” tab of the Maestro Control Center software?

You might also want to check to be sure you have checked the “Run script on startup” box under the “Script” tab in the Maestro Control Center software if you want the script to start automatically when the Maestro is powered.

-Derrill

Hello,

Working good, when the motion sensor work better. But this working only 3 second how can I working 10 second?
(pull up resistor = 10k, and on the sensor turned time delay adjust a little bit but do not.)

When I release the USB cable, only the blink yellow light, do not work. VSRV=VIN Jumper do not connect.
I give Vın (5V) and Gnd,and other line to servo 5V.

This is connection:

Thanks,

-Mesut

Hello, Mesut.

The LED behavior you described sounds ok; but I recommend getting it to work while connected to USB first, then moving on to getting it working separately from the computer.

Can you more clearly describe the problem you are having? What is it doing now and what do you want it to do? To test your script, could you remove your sensor and connect a button to that Maestro channel instead? This will allow you to reliably trigger the sequence when you want to, then when it is working how you want you can add the sensor back in.

Brandon

Hello, BrandonM.

I solved the problem.

Thank you.

1 Like