Mini Maestro 12 program for 8 servos and button

Bare with me guys as I am new to this group and new to using the Pololu servo controller. I have only used PICAXE procressors in the past. Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can find a simple program that can run on the Mini Maestro 12 that can move 8 servos from thier nuteral position to the max limit and then back to nuteral, by pushing one button with a delay of 30 second before the button can be pushed again. I read the manual today and really not sure if I understand how it all works. I was able to see the slider move when I pushed the button, but thats about it.

Any help would be appericated.
Dan

Hello, Dan.

I have split your post off into its own topic because it was not very relevant to the topic you posted it in. In the future, if you have something to add to an existing discussion/topic then you can use the “Post Reply” button and if you want to start a new discussion/topic then you can use the “New Topic” button, found at the top of pages like this.

As a starting point, I think you should connect your button to channel 0 and use the example script from the user’s guide entitled “Using a button or switch to control servos”. The example scripts are in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro User’s Guide.

That script has a lot of code in it for debouncing which is not really relevant to you. The only parts of that script that you really need to understand are the “button” subroutine (which defines which channel the button is on) and you should understand everything that is happening below the “main_loop:” label.

If you have a specific question about what the script does, or how it works, I would be happy to answer it. After you understand it, please try running that script without modifying it to see if it works as is. If it works, then you should try making small modifications until it does what you want.

–David