MIMO wireless Communication

Hello,

I have worked on Wixel Module, and was successfully able to control the robot movements through remote PC.

Is it possible to develop 2x2 MIMO communication system with 4 wixel modules (2 at Transmitter and 2 at receiver)?
Can we connect Wixel module to DSP processors to establish the communication link?

Its like all the operations of transmitter and receiver will be done by DSP, wixel will have to transmit and receive data

Let me know if possible, or any other suggestions to implement 2x2 MIMO communication.

Thanks and Regards,
Pooja.

Hello, Pooja.

If you wanted to, you could have two pairs of Wixels that communicate on different radio channels, and I think that counts as MIMO. What are you trying to accomplish?

Yes. If your DSP processor has a UART, that would be the best way to connect it to the Wixel.

–David

Hello David,

Thanks for reply.

Actually am trying to develop 2x2 MIMO Communication system.
So, I can connect 2 wixels as transmitter and 2 as receiver. But both should work on same frequency channel.
DSP has two USB (1.1 and 2.0), so can i connect the wixel modules through USB of DSP ?

But i cannot transmit data from 2 transmitter simultaneously, so some switching needs to be done at transmitter and/or receiver side?

Regards,
Pooja.

[quote=“suratia”]
DSP has two USB (1.1 and 2.0), so can i connect the wixel modules through USB of DSP ?[/quote]

Yes, but we do not provide any type of USB drivers for your DSP so you would have to figure that part out.

Yes. You will need some way to handle lost packets regardless, but some extra packets will be lost if two transmitters are transmitting at the same time, so you might want some coordination between the transmitters.

–David