Micro Maestro - Program a full stop timer? [Solved]

Hello,
I have a Micro Maestro 6-Channel and was wondering if there was a way to program it to turn off set or all servos when it hasn’t received a serial (via USB) command in x amount of time? I’m trying to find a simple fail proof way to prevent my robot from running away if my python script, Raspberry Pi, or WiFi fails. I’ve had to go chase down my robot a few times because something errored, disconnected, etc and it ran off without control.

~MrDyne

Hello.

I am sorry you are having trouble controlling your Maestro over serial. You can use the serial “Timeout” parameter, which can be found under the “Serial Settings” tab of the Maestro Control Center, to specify a duration before which a Serial timeout error will occur. To quote a portion of the “Serial Settings” section of the Maestro’s user’s guide:

You can find the Maestro’ user’s guide under the “Resources” tab of its product page.

-Jon

[quote=“JonathanKosh”]
…You can use the serial “Timeout” parameter, which can be found under the “Serial Settings” tab of the Maestro Control Center, to specify a duration before which a Serial timeout error will occur…[/quote]

Prefect! Other then the red error LED stays on after the first timeout error the robot comes to a stop when it doesn’t get a command in over a 1 second. Also the timeout error doesn’t stop the controller from continuing to function which is nice.

Thanks!

~MrDyne