Micro maestro 6 robotarm kinematics in memory?

I have the micro maestro 6 and have attached my self made robotic arm.

Now i whas wondering if it was possible and if anyone can help me do it, to write, and load the kinematics and/or drivers for the arm in the micro m. so i can drive it by just the x,y and z axis values.

I have one servo for the rotation (base), 2 for the shoulder wich are in opposite direction and 180 degrees turned, and one for the elbow joint.

I whas accually hoping someone allready did this but i couldn’t find anything with search…

Hello,

As far as I know, nobody has done the kind of thing you are talking about on the Micro Maestro. The Maestro’s internal scripting language is quite limited - for example it does not have any support for floating point data or trigonometric functions - so it will probably be quite difficult to do kinematics without doing the computations on another processor. Do you have another processor that could do the math for you?

-Paul

Yes. It is connected to a pc, running roborealm.
I could use vbscript or c to do this. Pity is that i do not know any of these languages.

Hello,

If it is connected to a PC, it will be much, much easier for you to do the computations on the PC. Do you know any programming languages? If I were doing this, I would start out with Octave (a free clone of Matlab) since it has lots of built-in mathematical functions and support for things like arrays.

-Paul

That would be way too heavy for my onboard xpe pc
And also an overkill for driving just 3 servos…

The lynxmotion ssc32 has an option for driving an arm with embedded code.
Kinda like the polulu script option.

Hello,

I don’t think the Lynxmotion servo controller will do what you want either. Anyway, however limited your PC is, it is going to be at least 1000 times more powerful than the Maestro or SSC-32, so you should do your computations there.

-Paul