Make servo spin 180

I have the Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller connected to a servo. Even while not running a script it gets extremely hot and vibrates weirdly. Anyway does anyone have a script to make it move 180 degrees, (and another one to move it back…or just in the same script). I don’t know how to program in this language, even though I have read all the guides. If anyone could help move it 180 degrees and back that would be really helpful.
Thanks

Hello.

What you are describing with your servo heating up and vibrating is not normal, so we should focus on figuring out what is happening there first. Can you tell me more about your servo? Can you provide a link to its datasheet or give me the full name of the servo? How is the servo being powered? Also, could you clarify what you mean by “extremely hot”? For instance, was the servo too hot to the touch or pick up? What kind of load is on the output of the servo? Can you post pictures that show how everything in your setup is connected?

-Josh.

Yeah, its this servo

It’s being powered by a pack of 9 double a batteries (4 servos are). Connected to the positive and negative terminals. It gets really hot, you can pick it up, but not for a long period of time. Sometimes, after I run a script it vibrates, and I have to change the script and click apply settings for it to stop. I was testing it with nothing attached, but I’m going to attach string to the servo in order to have it pull something closed(requires quite a bit of force). Here is a link to a google drive folder with a few pictures.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9Ijgs5k7pXZd0pwZEVPMVdKem8&usp=sharing
Thanks

Hello,

The output voltage from a 9-cell AA battery pack would be somewhere over 10.2V. Please note that those servos are rated for between 4.8V and 6V, so you are powering them well above of their rated operating voltage. Can you try reducing the voltage to something between 4.8V and 6V and see if your overheating and vibration problems go away? If not those servos might already be damaged.

-Derrill