MaestroControlCenter not displaying properly on Linux

The software loads and I have no problem controlling the servos however, if I try to pull a tab to a separate window the new window remains blank gray. I’m running Linux Mint LMDE. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. I think it is caused by a bug in Mono’s implementation of Windows Forms, but I was able to find a workaround and fix it. If you download the latest version of the Maestro Linux software from the Maestro user’s guide detaching tabs should work again.

–David

The new version will not run at all. I get this

Missing method EnableVisualStyles in assembly /mnt/videos/torrents/maestro-linux/MaestroControlCenter, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or one of its dependencies.
File name: ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or one of its dependencies.
File name: ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’

Could you try running this command to install the assembly that is missing?

sudo apt-get install libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil

This and some other dependencies are listed in the README.txt file.

–David

I didn’t notice the dependencies changed with the new version. I installed forms4.0 and now it’s working fine. Thanks for the help!