Maestro and Arduino uno using serial control

I tried setting up an Arduino Uno and Mastro 12 ch. according to the instructions inside the Arduino Maestro Library provided on Github using BASIC example just to try to get them to talk or get the servo to move.

I setup the servo control software to the Uart, fixed 9600 , no CRC and saved it , I attached the TX/RX and Gnd lines between the Uno and Maestro . I tested the servo using USB to verify function .

When I disconnect the USB cable the software no longer sees the controller and will not work .
I want to use the software to control all servos .

What am I missing ? I found the pins for RX/TX 10-11 for the UNO and it runs the program

my goal is to wirelessly control the Maestro from a computer using the serial comm’s

Hello.

One of our support representatives said that you called and your questions were answered, but I wanted to post the answer here for others to see as well.

The Maestro Control Center uses native USB to control the Maestro, so you must have a USB connection. We have seen some customers have success using a wireless USB hub to make a wireless bridge, allowing wireless control of their Maestros from the Maestro Control Center. I noticed Derrill suggested this to you in a previous forum thread.

- Amanda

Hi Amanda , that model is no longer available and I seem to be confused by nomenclature and wireless devices , I am trying to find a replacement for that model or what to ask for ??

I got a pair of these TP-Link TL-WN822N 300mbps wireless USB adapters , I could not see the controller , I am going to try a USB-OTG cable or am I completely lost ?

These will give me the range I need , I have to have long range wireless.

After a quick Internet search for your device, it looks like it might be a USB device that connects a USB host to a WiFi network, not a device that extends USB connections wirelessly. Also, it is not clear to me what you are trying to do with the USB-OTG cable. Can you elaborate?

Unfortunately, we do not have any other good recommendations for wireless USB hubs. However, we did find this wireless USB hub with another quick search, but you would need to determine if that device would work for you.

- Amanda

[quote=“AmandaS”]After a quick Internet search for your device, it looks like it might be a USB device that connects a USB host to a WiFi network, not a device that extends USB connections wirelessly. Also, it is not clear to me what you are trying to do with the USB-OTG cable. Can you elaborate?

Unfortunately, we do not have any other good recommendations for wireless USB hubs. However, we did find this wireless USB hub with another quick search, but you would need to determine if that device would work for you.

• Amanda[/quote]

I simply ( not so simple apparently ! ) want to remotely control the Maestro servo controller from up to 500 feet .
I was looking at USB- OTG as a possible solution ( USB OTG is supposed make a dumb device ( like the Maestro ) USB available on a network )

, wireless USB never really happened because of timing signals , in this case low speed is fine we do not need a high speed link . this model might work , what do you think ? TL-WR841N , or this D-Link DIR-655 ?

Will your USB Wixel work ??

Lost in space

amazon.com/gp/product/B006E … UTF8&psc=1

OK I think this one will work , we will see

The Maestro and Wixel cannot act as USB hosts, so those devices (USB OTG cable, wireless USB (network) adapter, and Wixel) will not work the way you want them to. The USB hub we referred you to earlier is the only type of device we know of that have had reports of working for situations like yours. If you find something that works, we would be interested in hearing about it.

- Amanda

the Tl-WR842 has a USB port on the back and by using SHAREPORT software it says it can talk to ANY USB device , we will see soon . I hope it works !