Maestro analog output circuit?

Hello

I would need the maestro to output an analog value of 0-5V while using only one pin of the maestro.
This is only possible if there is a circuit that converts the servo pulses from the maestro to 0-5v range.

Does anybody have any ideas/solutions for such circuit?

Hello,

What kind of Maestro do you have? The Mini Maestros have a single PWM output that could be converted to an analog output with an RC filter. Also, what are you trying to control with this analog voltage?

-Paul

i have a mini 24 and a micro…the problem is that i would need more than one channel. and i would prefferably use the micro maestro.

i have a 5m long RGB LED strip wich i would like to control…i know i need 3 PWM channels. (was wrong in the first post). the servo outputs are basically PWM but not 0-100% if you know what i mean.

EDIT:
bobblick.com/techref/project … v2pwm.html
would this to the job? i think this is what i need/want.

Hello,

I thought you might want to do LEDs. It sounds like you know that PWM is a fine way to control LEDs, and it is not the same as an analog output. It is much easier to get a PWM output than an actual analog output, so you should use PWM if possible.

The circuit you linked to will probably work, but have you seen the ShiftBar LED controller that we sell? That is pretty much the ideal board for controlling three LEDs of 10-150mA, and we have sample code for using it with the Maestro.

Note that your RGB LED strip will need to be connected in a common anode (low-side switch) arrangement for use with the ShiftBar.

-Paul

i have an led strip that has 300 RGB LEDs on it so your shiftbrite driver doesnt supply enough current.

so there are no straight forward solutions to this…i will need to do some more googling. or does anybody have any creative, easy to do solutions?

Hello,

That is a large number of LEDs! However, it is not obvious from that alone that the ShiftBar is not sufficient - do you know how much voltage and current you need? A motor controller might be a better solution if you want something above the ShiftBar’s limits of 17V and 150mA.

The Maestro can send serial commands on its TX line, which would make it easy to control a few motor controllers in a basic way.

-Paul

Found a cheap solution if anybody else is looking for the same thing.

http://www.rc-airplane-advisor.com/electronic-speed-controller-photos.html