Maestro 6 editing question

Hello. I have the maestro six and my dad and I are trying to get it programmed to operate multiple servos in my Apache helicopter. We have been able to create a basic program for six servos. But now we would like to try to edit one of those 6 channels And can’t figure out how to do it without writing a whole new program. I am sure that there is a way to edit one channel. Can someone help us with this?

Hello, Hotdog.

If you can post a copy of your Maestro settings file, with a more elaborate description of what you want to do, I can probably give more specific advice. (You can save your settings file under the “File” drop-down menu of the Maestro Control Center while the Maestro is connected.) For example, are you trying to edit a script directly or are you using the Maestro’s sequencer and you want to edit the frames of your sequence?

Brandon

I received the email you guys sent me with the settings file and description. Thank you for that.

The best way to think of the sequencer on the Maestro, is that each “Frame” is basically a snapshot of the position of each channel slider in the “Status” tab. So, there isn’t a way to combine sequences or tell two of them to run simultaneously, as it sounded like you were looking for. For example, you can’t make a sequence that just uses servo channel 0 and another that only uses servo channel 1, and merge them together.

If you want to make a sequence with 6 servos, and work through them one at a time, the way to do that would be to go through and make a sequence with a single servo, then load each frame one at a time, adding the position you want your second servo to be at and using the “Save Over Current Frame” button to update the currently loaded frame. The same procedure can be used to modify your 6-servo sequence.

1. Click the frame you want to edit in the “Sequence” tab.
  2. Click the “Load Frame” button.
  3. Make the desired changes in the “Status” tab.
  4. Go back to the “Sequence” tab, make sure the same frame is selected, and click the “Save Over Current Frame” button.
  5. Click “Apply Settings”.
  6. Repeat until you’ve updated all of the frames as desired.

You will also want to stop the script from running and make sure the sequence is not playing while you are trying to edit it. (Since you have the “Run script on startup” button checked, it will start running each time you click “Apply Settings”, so you can disable that while you’re editing.)