Maestro 6 and a programming challenge for someone

I am totally inept at programming and need to ask for help
I have maestro 6 and 2 servos and I am trying to utilize them on a small machine I have developed.
Let me describe …
The machine is called a kicker …that guides a rod that comes down a roller track and is made to kick the rod first to the left and then to the right .
All this action is activated by a switch made by the rod hitting an end point .
I have loaded the software and got all it working so that I can write a short script and have the servos cycle back and forth but that about all I can do.
So if someone out there could help me in writing the program I would be grateful.
So … Imagine a servo at each end on a fixture … The servos are at the start over on one side …then the rod comes along the fixture and the end of the rod hits the switch which switches the servos to the other direction.
I can adjust the throw of the servos ( end point) in the program but can’t figure out how to inter grate the switch …

Thought I would throw this out before I go crazy … I should go to school again … Would get a senior discount .

Thanks
Podman

Hello, Podman.

You might try using the “Using a button or switch to control servos” example script as a starting point and adapting it for your use. This example script can be found under the “Using a button or switch to control servos” heading of the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s guide. If you try writing a script that integrates your switch and run into questions or problems, you can post what you have so far, and I would be happy to help.

-Brandon