Maestro 12 channel jumper -help-

I just received the maestro 12, and need clarification in regard to the blue jumper.

Is it placed by default in position to allow board and servo operation after disconnect of USB from computer, or, is it the case that it must moved to connect two other pins.

If you can respond to this question including a phot of the board showing where the jumper is meant to be when operating fully disconnected from usb and computer, that would be perfect, as I have looked high and low and can’t find photos demonstrating this.

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Servo controller and servos” section since it is about the Maestro.

The Maestro should come with the jumper only be connected to a single pin, which means it is not making any connections. If you want to power the Maestro and servos from a single power supply, you can install it so it connects the VSRV and VIN pins. This location on the 12-channel Maestro is shown in this picture from its product page (indicated by the orange rectangle labeled “VSRV=VIN jumper”):

Please note that you can also operate the Maestro without a USB connection by using 2 separate power supplies, one for the servo power rail (VSRV) and one for the Maestro (VIN), as described in the “Powering the Maestro” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

Brandon

Thank you that makes sense :star_struck: