Maestro 12 ch servo acceleration/speed settings

Hello. I am new to the community and am new to the micro maestro and understand that the following might be viewed by some as a simple question:

I am trying to set multiple speeds/acceleration for different frames when programming the same servo. It seams that every time I change the variable it becomes the standard for all frames. Is there a way to run varying speeds/acceleration for one servo?

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

It sounds like you are using the sequencer in the Maestro Control Center. The sequencer does not save speed or acceleration settings for each individual frame. Please see our response to a similar question here.

- Amanda

Thank you Amanda. Because I am new to this I might require some guidance. From what I am reading it doeas not look like I can have one servo run multiple speeds (change speeds in each frame) during a sequence. Is that correct?

It looks like I would need to manipulate the code. The following is from the link you sent:

“if you need the speed or acceleration of a servo to change between subsequent movements in your sequence, you will need to convert your sequence to a script and add the appropriate speed/acceleration commands.”

How would I do that?

Thank you,

Jason

Correct.

First, you would need to copy your sequence(s) into a script using either the “Copy Sequence to Script” button or the “Copy all Sequences to Script” button in the “Sequence” tab of the Maestro Control Center. You can find more details on the differences between the two buttons under the “Sequencer” section of the Maestro user’s guide. Next, add the “SPEED” and “ACCELERATION” commands in your script where you want to change the speed and acceleration settings for a specified servo channel. More information about those commands can be found in the “Command Reference” section in the user’s guide. To better understand the process flow of the scripting language, I suggest reading through “The Maestro Scripting Language” section in the guide. You can step through the code one line at a time using the “Step Script” button under the “Script” tab of the Control Center.

- Amanda

Thank you Amanda. Is it possible to get a sample of script that has either the speed or acceleration added to it. When I view the standard script I don’t know where to place it.

A simple sample of a standard servo speed of 0 in one frame that changes to a speed of 2 in the next frame would help me understand

Thank you,

Jason

The “Making smooth sequences with GET_MOVING_STATE” script under the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro’s user’s guide shows how to use the speed and acceleration commands. Basically, that script sets the acceleration and speed of servo channel 0 to values 3 and 30, respectively, before sending any target positions to the servo. You might try modifying the “A simple servo sequence” example script (which is in the same section) by adding speed and acceleration values for the servo channel before each movement to see how the commands affect the servo movements in a basic setup (e.g. one servo connected to channel 0 on the Maestro).

- Amanda