Linear reactor controller

I have a Glideforce MD122006 Linear reactor that operates fine on 12 but it moves too fast.
My options are to but a 50:1 reduction unit to add a motor controller such as the G@ 10V15.

1. How do I order a 50:1 gear reduction unit?
  2. If I use the G2 18V15, it will be I2C(with ARDUINO). What changes will I see in regards to dynamic loads; if I slow the motor(assume the voltage is reduced), will the actuator maintain 225 dynamic lift(push) force? Do you have data on dynamic force vs motor voltage?

Thanks
Bill

Hello, Bill.

If you email us with your request, we can look into the feasibility of special-ordering a 50:1 version of that actuator for you.

As you reduce the supply voltage, the speed for any fixed load will go down proportionally to the voltage. At some voltage, the speed will reach zero, and this is the voltage at which the motor cannot generate enough force to overcome the applied load. If you test with your desired load at different duty cycles, you should be able to find a point where you get the speed you want.

-Tony

Tony;
Thanks for response.
Let me ask the question another way.:
If I supply the G2 18V15 with 12 volts and set motor speed to 50% or 1600, how will the dynamic load be effected; will the actuator still be able to move 225 lb?
AT what speed setting will the actuator not be able to move the rated 225 lbs?

Thanks
Bill

The dynamic load rating of 225 lb is the load the actuator can apply safely without damaging itself, so as long as the voltage is high enough for the motor to produce at least 225 lb, the dynamic load rating will be 225 lb. At 12 V, the actuator would be strong enough to lift far more than 225 lb, were it not for the risk of things breaking (you can tell this based on how fast it can still move at this load), so it should be able to generate a force of 225 lb for voltages well under 12 V. As I said previously, as you drop the duty cycle from 100%, the speed at 225 lb will decrease until at some duty cycle, it reaches zero. You can just play around with it in your system until you figure out what duty cycle gives you the speed you want at 225 lb (or whatever your actual load is).

We have not characterized at what voltage the actuator will no longer be able to lift 225 lb; you would need to figure that out for yourself. In case it helps, my best guess based on how the speed depends on the load would put it around 4 V (or a 33% duty cycle with a 12 V supply).

-Tony