Line follower with gaps for zumo 32u4

Hello,

Is there any software code available for “line follower with gaps” to be used with Zumo 32u4 robot ?

Thanks.

Hello,

None of our basic line follower examples handle gaps in the line. You would need to write your own code to handle special cases like that. If you get started and need some advice to progress, you can post what you have tried here for some suggestions.

-Derrill

Hi,

When I execute lineSensors.readLine(lineSensorValues); I always get values lineSensorValues[1] and lineSensorValues[3] as ‘0’ (ZERO), even if I move the sensors over the black line from left to right or right to left. Are the sensors SENSOR_DOWN2 and SENSOR_DOWN4 inactive ? Please note that I do call the function lineSensors.initFiveSensors();

The code I am working on is the example code given at https://github.com/pololu/zumo-32u4-arduino-library/blob/master/examples/LineFollower/LineFollower.ino

Thanks.

Hello,

The DN2 and DN4 sensors are not active by default if your Zumo is pre-assembled. You can change the jumpers on the sensor array to bridge DN4 and 4 as well as DN2 and 20 to activate all of the line sensors on the board. The “Front sensor array (line and proximity sensors)” section of the user’s guide has more information more about those sensors.

I suggest familiarizing yourself with the “Pololu Zumo 32U4 Robot User’s Guide” since it has all of this information included there.

-Derrill