Limit switch and current setting with ticcmd

Hi,

I am running stepper motors off the ticgui but now interested in using the ticcmd utility. It seems there is no way to add limit switches; only homing exists. Anyway to add them?

-Farhad

Hello, Farhad.

I am not sure I entirely understand your question. Once you configure the Tic for a limit switch, those configuration settings will be used whether you are controlling it from the Tic Control Center or the ticcmd command-line utility. So, you can do the initial set up of your limit switches in the Tic Control Center, which is described in the “Setting up limit switches and homing” section of the Tic user’s guide, and they will continue to work when you control it from the command-line utility.

It sounds like you might be looking for a way to change the configuration settings of the control pins through the ticcmd command-line utility. It does not have support for changing those settings on-the-fly, but you can change them by using the --settings option in ticcmd to load a specified settings file onto the Tic. You can generate a settings file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Tic Control Center or by using the ticcmd --get-settings option.

If I have misunderstood your question, can you describe more specifically what you are trying to do?

Brandon

ok that makes sense. So any hard setting such as current limiting, stepsize, and limit switches can be set in the gui and the tic driver will save it?

If I change the position limits in the set position function in the first tab of the gui will this also be saved on the tic driver?

-Farhad

Yes, configuration settings like those are saved to the Tic’s EEPROM memory and will persist through power-ups.

The slider limits are only relevant in the Tic Control Center GUI; while the Tic is in Serial/I2C/USB control mode, it does not have settings for setting position limits like that. If you want to set limits on the position values, I generally recommend handling it in your control software or using physical limit switches.

Brandon