I used Pololu products on a few projects over the years but this one is the one that I used the most items from Pololu.
This KAP rig is used to take aerial photos using kites. It’s suspended on the kite line, about 100 feet below the kite. The camera turns automatically and take pictures every 3.5 seconds at 3 different tilt angles and 16 pan angles. I can take manual control with a remote control I made. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I’m just waiting for the wind and sun.
I used the following from Pololu:
- 2x Micro Metal Gearmotors with encoder
- 4x micro metal gearmotor bracket extended (2 per motor to protect the encoder/magnet)
- 1x 12V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U3V12F12 (#2117)
- 2x Pololu Adjustable Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S7V8A (#2118)
- 1x AltIMU-10 v5 Gyro, Accelerometer, Compass, and Altimeter (LSM6DS33, LIS3MDL, and LPS25H Carrier) (#2739)
- 1x Breakout Board for microSD Card (#2597)
See the PCB drawing below: