I want VL53L1X module to detect light flooded by mirror

Hi. I’m using VL53L1X module(Pololu - VL53L1X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator, 400cm Max) in my ToF system.

I’m now struggle with realizing centered optical system.

I want to be able to detect objects at different angles by reflecting the light emitted from the module with a mirror.

However, since the pololu’s module is excellent, it detects the mirror and outputs the distance to the mirror. Is there any way to successfully reduce the sensitivity or adopt the second light that comes in?

I’m using this library(vl53l1x-arduino/README.md at master · pololu/vl53l1x-arduino · GitHub) as my development environment

Hello.

We have not tried to use our time-of-flight sensors in an application like that, so unfortunately I do not have any specific suggestions for how you might proceed. It’s possible the VL53L3CX might be better suited for something like what you are doing since it has features to measured distances to multiple targets simultaneously (though we have not tried to use that particular sensor with mirrors either).

You might consider positing on ST Community forum to see if anyone there might have some suggestions.

If you are able to figure out a solution I would be interested to hear about it.

- Patrick