I need help with my micro maestro 6-channel servo controller

when i plug in my controller it starts blinking yellow light and wont connect to polulu maestro control center… i have no clue why. removing power supply and plugging it back in wont help same with my usb plug…

Hello,

I am sorry you are having problems with your Mini Maestro. Can you try a different USB cable or USB port on your computer? Please note some USB cables are only intended as charging cables and do not have any data lines, so they would not work for programming the Maestro.

If changing the USB cable or USB port does not work, can you post a screen capture of your device manager with the “Pololu USB Devices” and “Ports (COM & LPT)” expanded so we can see those entries?

-Derrill

diffrent computer didn’t help and i cannot find on device manager… it
still should connect tho sience light goes on when plugged in

Did you try a different cable? If you have a charge-only cable, it would still supply power to the Maestro and light the indicator LEDs on the board without being recognized by the computer.

-Derrill

i don’t have another cable… but it did work before so i dont think the
cable is the problem

It is possible the cable is damaged, which can happen when the cable is bent or folded. I recommend seeing if you can find another USB cable to test with. If the cable is not the problem, something like a static discharge might have damaged the Maestro. You might also try inspecting the USB connector on the Maestro to see if there is any signs of damage (like bent pins inside).

-Derrill

i can try to find another cable but the maestro doesn’t appear to be broken
or bent… also i had this problem before when i bought it and i somehow
managed to fix it so i am not sure if this problem is caused by maestro or
cable… last time i remember that i had to do something with the program
to get it to recognize that maestro is connected

In addition to trying a different cable, you might check to see if any device drivers are not installed correctly from the Device Manager. Can you post a screen capture of your Device Manager window with the Maestro connected to your computer? The Maestro might show up as an unknown USB device. You also might try reinstalling the drivers and software as detailed in the “Installing Windows Drivers and Software” section of the Pololu Maestro Servo Controller User’s Guide.

-Derrill

Thank you Derrill i got it working the cable was the issue but i bought a
new one and now it works perfectly

1 Like